• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hands down for that kid!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aeon Flux

I NEED TO CONTACT SILVERSINKSAM, AS I HAVE A OUTST
Id like to give a shout out and thanks to NEW_NOVICE for helping me out. He is offering to send me a freee Duron to replace my dead athlon and help me out right now in a time where money is so tight I can barely afford oil for my car. His only request is that I have the machine constantly folding(which of course I will do anyway. Everyone needs to give back to the community somehow.) It's people like him that this world should be based on for the kindness and willing to help out. Everyone give him a WHOO WHOO!!

A computer working again is all Im worried abour. I couldnt care about the speed at this point. I've been out of a computer for 4 months now and am very anxious to get back to my projects. Right now Im using my fiance's computer I threw together for her a while ago. Its old. Its fast enough to do some things on but she wont let me tear it aprt or experiment with my projects. She doesnt want me to kill this one too. Which is sensible. But I still miss my old rig and my projects. For anyone's curosity's sake her computer is an old celeron 700mhz(I did have it running 1 gig but folding all the time kept crashing it and I refuse to take the folding client off so I was forced to take it back down) with and old FIC fa11 mobo, 394 megs of sdram and an old voodoo3 100 and only a 145 watt power supply. W'ere talking new age old school here. If you want to go real old school I have an old TV FUN with 3 different versions of pong gameing system sitting her I found in an old condemd house.

FOLD ON!!!!!! :D

if he would like to send me one i have a spare mobo laying around that i can get folding ;) well that and a pci vid card, hdd or something, hsink etc. etc. :)

Well.. Happy to hear you got your PC running and like some of us folders like to say: w00r!!! to New_Novice

Ohh I intend to fold:) Soon my friends and I are going to start making dumpster diving trips and get parts and build old computers( We never have much luck with new stuff, old things like pentium 133's and stuff are what we usually end up getting) and are going to use one of are basements as a processing farm strictly for folding!!

Well unfortunatly a P133 is not fast enough, as far as I know it should be at the least a P-MMX 233 or better a P-II.

The Coolest said:
Well unfortunatly a P133 is not fast enough, as far as I know it should be at the least a P-MMX 233 or better a P-II.

It's not the speed of the processor that counts. Its the folding that counts. Every processor cycle counts.

Aeon Flux said:

It's not the speed of the processor that counts. Its the folding that counts. Every processor cycle counts.

True, but the protiens havce a deadline and if its not met, they don't count. So folding with anything that won't meet the deadlines is pointless.

Where are you from? if you agree to fold, i will send you some computer parts (p2-350, athlon 550, mobos ......)
Happy folding and thank to New_Novice

Hey, would you mind sending me any parts? ;) I live in maryland. And I will fold. So far I've got two machines folding for a total of 3.3 ghz of folding power.

One problem... Would I have to run it 24/7? I can in a few weeks but not right now. I'm not allowed to leave the computers on unless they're in my room and I don't have wi-fi yet. :(

Any old computer I find in the trash I always rebuild it and have it fold. If it's not folding then I donate it to someone that needs one. I believe that every family should have a computer whether it's old or new. It can open the doors to so many possibilities for any child. I appreciate offering to give me parts to build computers to fold with, but build them yourself and have them fold for you. Or donate them to someone that neds them. the only thing Im interested in is a processor to get my old rig up and running so I can have it fold and get back to my old projects, I have a few ideas Im working on at the moment such as a new way to eliminate DOS attacks and through hardware based materials and a new text encryption algorithim and My girlfriend and I want to try and set up some kind of organization to give medical treatment to family's pets that cant afford the vet bill. After our rabbit had it eye punctured and our cat got sick we realized how devastating vet bills are. The local organizations around here are for animals without families and ORCA just wants to steal your animals from you and get you in trouble around here. (When we were having trouble getting our rabbit treated when I called for information about it they took my information and threatned that Its required by law that I get treatment for it and said if I didnt do it and coudlnt afford it they would be forced under the law to take the animal from us and not give it back. Of course all of our animals are so spoiled it's not even funny any more. They dig in bags when we get home to look for things we got for them.) Anyway back to the point, I just want to get my projects under way again and get folding again. As for your extra parts get them folding one way or another. ROCK ON TEAM #32!!!

Get some kind of webpage for that organization so that we can all help. I would gladly donate some money (but I'd have to mail it) as it would help many pets and theit owners out. We have been lucky and have never had any major vet expenses.

We have one beagle named Bruiser and he's kinda stupid. I'll take a pic if I can borrow my dad's cammera and someone can host it.

Also, what are your pet's names? Maybe some pics.

I guess this kind of off topic.

The hardest part is getting the legal stuff set up to be an actual charity. That costs a LOT of money. Thats what were trying to get for right now. I dont want people to just have to take my word for it. i want people to see its a REAL charity. Anyway it's a project in the works and will take some time.

Back