• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question for those of you with the NF-7 rev 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Codeman05

Hey guys, I just ordered a NF-7 rev 2 to replace my Epox 8rda3+ that crapped out.

I was just wondering what was the highest FSB you've been able to reach without doing any Volt mods.

My 8rda3+ would give me about 213-218fsb stable and was just wondering if I might be able to go higher with this board.

Thanks for the info

I was running 231 with no mods before I did a host of upgrades to my machine. Slowly tweaking my way back up now.

215 here, but I think the Corsair is keeping me from going further. It's recommended to have a matched pair of sticks for DC, and these are not. One stick is labeled v1.1, the other v2.2.

I haven't really tried dropping the multi way down low and seeing where the DDR tops out....one of these days I will... ;)

210 was stable, BTW, 215 I recall got into WinXP fine, but I got kicked to the desktop when trying to play UT2003, or run 3D Mark 2001SE. So maybe I should say "210" instead of 215....

sweet, the board just came in today, just have to go pick it up after work :D
Looking forward to seeing what it can do

just to follow up. This board kicks *** :D
Currently got it up at 225fsb, and will try to higher as soon as I
watercooling back up and running.

One other question, does running in Dual Channel "mode", limit how high you can push your overclock?

Yes, DC will cost 5 to 20Mhz depending on the board and memory. Mine is about 5Mhz. Increased performance resulting from DC is about 3 to 5% at 220Mhz so it is pretty near a push in the gain from DC but the lose in FSB. You should test to see how exactly your board performs, those are just approxrimate numbers. :cool:

Back