• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xp2500+ Aqxea @2492mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Col_Loki

Hey guys, Have recently bought an innovatek XXS watercooling kit and an Xp2500+ Aqxea (sold my Xp3000+).

My question what are the risks of running a pc at 2.05 Vcore on a constant basis?? Im back to collage in a week so this system will only be in use (alot of use) fri - sunday and on holidays.
Am wondering if it will last 6 - 12months ??

I have a 480w antec true power PSU , Abit NF7-S mobo. Im happy if ye think it will last around 8-9months even if that means buying a new cpu & mobo at that time cause i will be working.

Temps are 54degree's at prime load running at 2492mhz..... What ye think??

PS would updating my BIOS help my FSB limit as im hitting a wall at 208mhz which is really annoying :( , im running dual ddr & cpu interface enabled. Its definetly not my ram or psu (480w antec true power , geil ddr500 ram). Any idea's ??

Its a little towards the warm side, but as long as its stable i bet you'll be alright for a few years. You always run that risk at higher vcores though.

I doubt the bios update will help your fsb. Cooling the north/south bridges better will help with that.

I moved up the chipset voltage and no real improvement ;).

54 degree's isint hot IMO , my old xp3000+ was hitting 56 with its stock voltage and stock cooling :) . And yes i definetly had the heatsink seated right. On my Asus A7N8X the reading was about 45 degree's. I think the NF7 is a more true reflection of the actual temp than what other mobo's are showing (thats just opinion) .

Thanks for the quick replies guys, any more are very welcome !!

My question what are the risks of running a pc at 2.05 Vcore on a constant basis?? Im back to collage in a week so this system will only be in use (alot of use) fri - sunday and on holidays.
Am wondering if it will last 6 - 12months ??
It's not going to die, but there have been more than a few instances of people having sharply deteriorating overclocks to the point where they can barely run at stock by using core voltages that high. IMHO, its just plain not worth the risk. My processor needs 1.95v to run at 2.5ghz, but I just use 1.7v at 2.3ghz and see no visible difference in performance. Run high for fun and benchmarking occasionally, but turn it down a notch for every day usage is what I'd suggest.
PS would updating my BIOS help my FSB limit as im hitting a wall at 208mhz which is really annoying , im running dual ddr & cpu interface enabled. Its definetly not my ram or psu (480w antec true power , geil ddr500 ram). Any idea's ??
Like Steven said, increase the chipset voltage. Also make sure you've got all spread spectrum options disabled.

54 degree's isint hot IMO , my old xp3000+ was hitting 56 with its stock voltage and stock cooling . And yes i definetly had the heatsink seated right. On my Asus A7N8X the reading was about 45 degree's. I think the NF7 is a more true reflection of the actual temp than what other mobo's are showing (thats just opinion) .
Yes and no. Both are very inaccurate. The NF7 actual augments temps insanely. They even acknowledged a "high temp report issue" which can be solved by updating the BIOS. An update made my reported temp go down by about 10°C. In-socket thermistors always will make temps on water seem higher in relation to air cooled ones, because the thermistor itself is cooled by the airflow.

Yea cheers Gautam that makes sence. Will disable the spread spectrums and see if that helps (fingers crossed :) ) .
Would be happy with 210-215 FSB.

The old Xp3000+ would do 2480mhz on 1.87Vcore ...... and 2400mhz on 1.81Vcore , but hotter temps. Should i get it back :) (on the same water cooling system) . And would that be reasonable to run daily??

Cheers for the responces btw.

Back