• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heatsink removal question (IC7-G)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DAK21

Hey Guys,

Here is an easy one.....

I am changing to a new Thermalright CPU HS. I have it all torn apart and was wondering how to safely remove the 4 white plastic inserts that hold the stock CPU HS bracket to the motherboard. I have the heatsink off and the CPU is exposed. The bracket is mounted directly on the mobo with these 4 white pegs.

Thanks!
DAK21

take out the motherboard, look at the back and carfully poke the white things out with something like a flathead screwdriver.

yes, but make sure not to hard and scratch any circuits on the back, needle nose should help with that.

I have the same board and found that prying them from the top with a knife worked best for me...:)...Just gently wedge the knife blade between the pin and holder and pry them up...:D

The best tool is Plastic Tweezers, its very hard to damage any resistors and what-not

Tweezer.jpg

Back