• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLK800A and Vantec Tornado

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jarhead7236

hold on, i can't hear anything...okay. SLK800A plus Tornado @ 55.2 db = need for a fan controller which i will take outta my other rig...but the results are very nice. 8C drop from my lapped SK7 and SF2....

Just get some headphones and play real loud music....result is the same...your ears bleed but at least it's a cooler way to impair your hearing hehehe :)

:rolleyes:

I just bought the SunBeam fan controller. It's very nice compared to the others because it allows adjustments from 0-12v rather than 7-12. However, there's not a lot of safety there if someone might mess with your PC. So I set up an alarm through MBM and aautomatic shut down precautions, etc.

It can be had for cheaper than the others also.

Checkout Directron.com and svc.com I got mine from SVC. They shipped it the same day. Great place.

EDIT: The reason why you want the lower voltages is that the Tornado is still producing noise at 7v. It's not a lot, but it's there. So if your goal is silence or close to it...

Last edited:
I am a Tornado fan!
The first time I used 80mm Tornado with slk800, my AMD 1400+ cpu temp dropped from 62 to 28 degrees. Now, I am using AMD athlon xp 2400 and oc to 2450MHz, the temp is only 42/48 degrees!
I also added a 92mm tornado above ATI 9700 pro video card oc 360/355)... the fan help me cool down the video card a lot.

By the way.. it's my first time here..

Back