• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ak31 no post, no fan spin, no nothing!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tom kruze

Ok so I got this board from arkaine23 and i plugged in my ram which is samsung pc2700, duron 900, geforce 2 mx400 and thats it. I have a Enermax 300w powersupply. I had an old board and tested out the PSU. Worked fine. Now i got this board and i hooked everything up hotwired the powerswitch and nothing. No spin no nothing from the powersupply or the fans. Fans dont even try to spin nothing. I know this must be an error on my part has to be. Its sitting in a cardboard box so cant be a bad ground. Anyone else got any ideas. .02 welcome.

thanks in advance

matt

Yeah, the only thing I can tell you is to double check the mobo connections for proper wiring .

ive come to the conclusion the board is dead. Arkaine said it might be but he didnt think so but apparently it is all the other motherboards post or at least beep at me. Owell i know he stands by his word and said he'd refund the money so its cool. Thanks guys for the help.

matt

Hello All, You're aware that PC power switches are of the momentary type T.K.? If you just connected the 2 switch wires that run to your MoBo together it won't start.
Regards, Balrog

balrog i had a switch that was broken so i hooked it up and touched the wires and it should have started just like pushing the button. but nothing what do you mean?

Hello All, That sounds fine T.K. just checking, I've heard of a few people who actually connected the wires permanently and then turned on their PSUs. Must be a faulty MoBo, thats too bad. Good Luck!
Regards, Balrog

ive had three of these boards before. they seem to be picky about what psu u can run with them. the first one i bought wouldnt even make a noise or power up when i connected it to a 300 watt enermax psu but worked fine with a 400 watt antec. the 300 watt psu was fully functional as i was still using it at the time for another system

Back