• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WHAT Heatsink to buy.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

koler

Registered
Right now I have a Asus Rev 2 and a Barton 2500,GF FX 5200 ULt 128

I am getting pc3200 Corsairs xms 512 x 2

and a 120 gig hd

I plan on buying a nice graph card later when better ones come out..I think the one I have is good enough,,plays games on max everything.

I have 3 stock case fans,,2 blowing in and one in the back blowing out. 2 more fan slots open and will add more later.

My question is ..AM I ready to overclock and what heatsink to buy.
WHat is a good heatsink to buy if I wanna OC and play games like HL2. My price range is under 30 dollars.
Plz tell me what heatsink to buy and if I am ready to OC.

THX;)

Yeah another vote for the SK-7. If you want a bit better performance go with the slk-800 or 900 but you are getting less bang for your buck as you start getting into the elite heatsinks.

Swiftech MCX462...I think that is the model for AMD processors. I have the Swiftech MCX4000 for my Intel system and it is AWSOME!!! Swiftechs' heatsinks have outstanding cooling performance and they are the sexiest heatsinks you can buy...so if you have a side window in your case it will look good :). You MUST have a fan on Swiftech's heatsinks though...for that I would get a Smart Fan 2.

They are kinda pricey...around $50 last time I checked...but you pay for what you get... :D!

Ok...I just read your ENTIRE thread and saw you said under $30...sorry :bang head I would have to give the SK-7 a vote in that case. Best bang for your buck.

OK now I have another question!!

I ordered the SK-7.

But I looked for smart fan 2 by thermaltake
ANd all I saw at newegg.com was 2 fans called the "smart case fan 2"
AM I supposed to use the smart case fans for my heatsink?
I wasnt sure cause they are called case fans!

my vote also for the sk-7, seems to be a popular and cool hs for you,, witha smartfan 2 its quiet as well..

NcBaller1985 said:
Swiftech MCX462...I think that is the model for AMD processors. I have the Swiftech MCX4000 for my Intel system and it is AWSOME!!! Swiftechs' heatsinks have outstanding cooling performance and they are the sexiest heatsinks you can buy...so if you have a side window in your case it will look good :). You MUST have a fan on Swiftech's heatsinks though...for that I would get a Smart Fan 2.

They are kinda pricey...around $50 last time I checked...but you pay for what you get... :D!

I second that notion. :D Except the part about the smart fan...Put a LOUD ARSE delta on it. :D

Back