• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xp1800 Jixib

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Just shoot

Just got it from newegg retail box. Anyone seen this stepping yet, and take a guess on max OC.

numbers on chip are as follows:

AXDA1800DLT3C 9543375250535 JIXIB 0332MPMW

Potential overclock = EXTREME!!

These chips have been rumoured to get 2.6GHz on air, some people around these forums have got a few recently.

What cooling/RAM/Motherboard do you have? These factors will greatly influence your overclock.

I haven't seen anyone have this stepping as of yet on the forums, thats why the post. I was hoping some have and could share some OC experiences.

Ram = corsair 2x256 XMS PC3200 I know it runs 217 fsb sync at 2-2-2-5 1t with 2.9 volts
MOBO = abit nf7 ver 2
Cooling is a homemade microchannel waterblock that performs about 1/2'C better than a maze 3 maybe more.

I heard it does 2.7ghz on air! It doesn't need alot of voltage either. Just wondering, did it boot up at a stock vcore of 1.45 volts?

Sorry folks my playtime is over, kids are up from there nap. It 'll have to wait untill tomorrow. I need to redo my WC setup anyways, change water and clean, its starting to look alittle thick. I will make sure to check the voltage on first boot and will most definitly take some screen shots. Well kids want to go outside and play so I'll post back.

Update

WOW

Got system together and cleared cmos shorted the power on button, pics later will show why, booted default core (1.5 volts) at 200 x 10 not sure why it didn't set back but O'WELL. Booted and is installing OS at the moment. Will start stressing immediatly and find the limits at default core and then up up up and away we will go.

can you give us a picture of the chip itself with the stepping code visible? this would solidify without any reasonable doubt that these chips are more than just extremely attractive rumours ;)

Yeah, with my chip I hit 2100 with just 1.55v. Of course it needed much more voltage to get going after this, but you get the point.

OK

Yes I have pics coming but I didn't take a pic of the chip, I'll remove tomorrow when I get home and take a pic of that. Bios defaults at 1.5 volts and reads 1.5 volts but MBM reads at 1.46 at default settings. Max OC at default 2200, upped the core to read 1.5 in MBM or 1.55 in bios and 2.3 gig. next jump was to 1.65 volts to get 2.4 gig.

Give 'er a good 1.75-1.8v and see what she runs at :) Looks pretty darn nice. What temps are you getting? I assume its water cooled?

Weeks, sSpecs and steppings are practically useless. This is because not every CPU from every stepping and week is overclocked, so it's impossible to know the best overall. People only know which ones seem to overclock the best. Overclocking is unpredictable because a CPU from a popular stepping/sSpec/week might overclock poorly, and likewise a CPU from an unpopular stepping/sSpec/week might do very well.

Another factor is user error. A certain CPU might be capable of 3.3GHz on air-cooling, but if the user isn't a very knowledgeable overclocker, or one or more of his components are sub-standard, he may only reach 3GHz. This user then decides to go on some forum and write about his "crappy stepping that only reaches 3GHz," when the fact is that the CPU is capable of more. This is why no stepping will guarantee a good overclock, or indicate the speed you will get. Every CPU is different, so the only way to find out how far you can overclock is to try it and see.

Back