• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLk-700 gold edition?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stunna

Registered
SLk-700 limited edition?

what do u guys think of the slk-700? I was deciding between this and a sk-7 to go along with the sfII. I found a slk-700 'limited edition' that claims to be almost identical to a slk-800 a. They are very similar in price as im looking for a cheap good performing hsf. should i go with the sk-7 or get a slk-700? thanks

link slk700 limited edition

Last edited:
I can't see the gold plating making much of a change to the cooling power of the heatsink, but for that price, go for it!!

Its a looker thats for sure but IMHO any fan under 80mm has too high a pitch and needs to be spun too fast for my ears to stand it.

If you plan on using a tmd fan, get that. Otherwise, a sk7's ability to use80mm fans by it's nature makes it the better sink.

Blueacid said:
I can't see the gold plating making much of a change to the cooling power of the heatsink, but for that price, go for it!!

The Heatsink isn't plated gold. Its not even named gold edition, it is called a "Limited Edition". Thermalright made it for smaller fans and those wishing to use a TMD fan.

I'd reccomend just getting the SK7 with a SFII. You're going to get better temps than any TMD or 60-70mm fan can provide, not to mention the lack of high 'squeal'.

Back