• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a usual result?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zx7r

Registered
I posted a while back re. unable to reach 200+FSB on a kd7-g and barton 2500 without data corruption. I have so far been able to o/c it to 2110mhz - 175*12 at spd, the vcore fluctuates between 1.65 and 1.7, the ddr volts hover around the 2.59 mark. This is stable. If I go much higher it either won't boot or it fails to run 3dmark etc.
My temps at the moment, using a lianli external dual temp sensor, one between the h/s/f and cpu surface the other currently on my g/card's mem, are 30.1 c for the cpu and 24.3 for the g/card - idle.
This can go up to around the 40c for cpu and 30 for the card.
I'm trying to achieve what everyone else seems to get - stable, high FSB, high mhz, fast ram.
It looks like the temps should let me go higher, but what volts, multiplier, fsb settings etc?
So, any ideas anyone ?

BTW, it's a -
barton 2500+
abit kd7-g
unknown psu (I know, but I have no pennies).
gforce 2 gts (see above).
512mb crucial 3200 ram - set fairly tight.

If you ask me, I'd say it's the Ram. I used to own a stick of Crucial 3200, and everytime I tried to get the FSB over 180, it would spit and curse at me. Eventually, while trying to O/C it again, it finally died. Now I have a stick of nice Crucial ram that locks up the computer whenever I use it.

Crucial does not support Overclocking, and neither does their ram.

I thought crucial RAM was good to o/c. What does anyone else think?

Edit - just a thought, when windows blue screens, is it the RAM or the cpu to blame or does it vary?

Last edited:
Ok, lets start again...

What's the best overclock using the Abit KD7-g, AMD Barton 2500 and 512MB RAM ?
What settings? Pics etc.

Post away !

Back