• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC 133 SD-Ram Probs @ OC'ing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Diesel82

Registered
hi guyz, i am running a 1,3 ghz celeron @ 100 FSB...I 've got a double sided 512 Mb SD-RAM PC 133 OEM Module...

now i tried to overclock... i overclocked the fsb to 110 and everything worked fine...then i passed 110 and got bluescreens

i looked up some settings in the bios and saw a entry called hclk wich was set @ hclk +33... guess that means 100 fsb + 33 = 133 Mhz memory clock, right ? so the memory would run @ 143 if i set the FSB for 110, which means that the oem module can handle a maximum of 143 mhz, still right ? :rolleyes:

now i wanted to pass the 110 fsb, so i reduced the hclk to hclk, guess that means a memory clock of 100...now i could raise the fsb to 120 which leads to a memory clock of 120...

now i wanted to get even more, but at 121 fsb i get a bluescreen as soon as windows xp finished booting...

i dont understand why the memory is working @ 133 and a fsb of 100 mhz or rather 143 mhz memory clock, but refuses to work at a memory clock of 121 mhz ... :mad:

maybe i am wrong and u could help me...and what if i set the memory setting for hclk -33, this would mean 66 mhz of memory speed. could i get further in fsb speed this way or would the whole system suffer too much from this setting ?

another interesting point is the fact that a new module of Viking pc 133 shows me a bluescreen at the current 120 mhz fsb and 120 mhz memory clock...

For the purpose of increasing your FSB (finding the limit) I would set you memory to the slowest timings (CAS, RAS, etc) and run it at HCLK, or maybe even try -33. I've never seen the setting, but I haven't played with too many Intel motherboards.

You may find by benchmarking that you're best off with some compromise between fast memory and a high FSB. But by slowing the memory down you should be able to go farther with the FSB, and get a better idea of when you are hitting the limit of the CPU and motherboard.

If your motherboard has the option, you may want to increase the I/O voltage. This increases the memory voltage, and can allow you to tighten the memory timing. I used to run my KT7A at 3.5 I/O, and I never had a problem.

ok but does somebody know why the memory is working @ 133 and a fsb of 100 mhz or rather 143 mhz memory clock, but refuses to work at a fsb of 121 and a resulting memory clock of 121 mhz

Back