• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Epox Woes C1 Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FatChance

Well here's how the story goes. After scowering the web to try to figure out why I could not suspend to ram at 200Mhz FSB,I found out that the only solution was to flash my bios to an earlier version. It seems to work for others with either the 3/5 bios or the 1/29 bios. I flash to the 3/5 bios still no go, the computer would sleep fine, but could not wake up without a long series of beeping. So I say "well let's try the 1/29 bios", I flashed it, everything seem to go okay, I goto boot and BAM C1 error. Tried everything no post, no screen and no boot. So after switching rams and switching cpus, still no go. So it had to be the bios. I contact EPOX and they agreed to send me a new bios chip free of charge, very nice of them. So after a week of my computer being out of commission, the new bios chip arrives and I pop it in, BAM it boots. Well it looks like I won't be able to suspend to ram till a new bios comes out. Moral of the story C1 error could mean time for new bios, oh and i prolly should have gotten an Asus A7N8X instead -fat

Back