• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My sound on the 8rda+ plays too fast??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Blair2k

Registered
when I go to play music or a video with sound it plays it at like a high speed. What I mean is that its playing like its on fast forward all the time?!? So like it plays 3 seconds in 1...second...thats not right now is it....well I would really like to know how to fix it and I have tried to reformat, reinstall drivers, always was like this before overclock too. So any help would be appreciated

-Blair2k

ya I have tried like 4 dif programs and its all the same. Its just music and music videos videos with outsound are fine but I don't have any of those. The windows sounds play jus fine but the music plays fast like shipmunk fast ya know.

Thats the common problem with nforce2. Whats your OS, is it win98se? If its win98se. You have 2 choices to configure it out. 1st - if you want to sacrifice the soundstorm quality, all you have to do is install the realtek sound driver located on your cd driver. You have to install it separately, coz installingn the driver of nforce2 in nature, it will install the default Nvidia soundstorm. If you intalled the realtek, you wont have that kind of problem anymore. Anyway, realtek is near the quality sound of soundstorm. 2nd- if you dont want to sacrifice the sound quality of soundstorm, all you have to do is dont play music or movie to windows media player. You have to install 3rd party software to be able to play music and movie correctly. Try to install for example musicmatch or jukebox mp3 player and for movie install power dvd. Itll solve you problem....:cool:

Back