• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MBM 5 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kmfdm515

I'm using MBM 5, and I want my PC to shutdown when the fan rpm gets too low or the temp gets to high, but in the options for both I am unable to select 'When alarm goes off start SHDN'...I can't check the box.

Anyone know why?

Last edited:
Do you already have the sensors configured correctly, are you getting readings?

I would expect that you would have to have the settings correct, and that your hardware would have to support RPM and temperature monitoring before you could check that box.

Yeah, its a hardware compatibility issue. MBM may not support your board's features fully.

In most motherboards now-adays, you can set a shutdown temp or fan failure shutdown in the BIOS. May want to check that out, as it'll be more reliable than a Windows based application.

except that the bios temps for shutdown are generally much higher than youd prefer, on mine the shutdown temp is 110C :eek: and IF mbm was working for me now, I would have it set to 55C or so..Though I have seen some BIOS that had shutdown temps of like 90C, 75C and 60C.. but thats still a little warm though now-where near meltdown temps either way.

the phrase 'When alarm goes off start SHDN' is clickable and when i clicked on it it took me to these link

i think you need the 'shutdown now' program

Back