• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

800, 1000, 1200, 1500grit sandpaper

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bald Shadow

I went to my local Home Depot looking for some 800, 1000, 1200, 1500grit sandpaper today but according to the sales rep., the store doesn’t carry any. Can anyone direct me to a site that sells the higher grit sandpaper mentioned above?

Alot of hardware stores don't sell that high grit sandpaper but any automotive parts store should (auto zone, pep boys, track auto etc etc).

There is a member of these forums who sells higher grits in a nice package for peanuts... I owe him a review/opinion thread one of these days actually. :-/

The forum members name is insulglass, and his kits can be ordered through http://www.easypckits.com/

Thanks for the info IMOG, but I just got home from visiting pep boys and autozone and found what I was looking for, relatively cheap too.

I don't go that high either, but this whole site is devoted to overkill and some people like a nice polish on their HS :)

yea, i know it is also for shine/conductivity.....

shine --> why want shine, ok, satifaction, but ur gonna put it upsidedownonitsside on the CPU! whos looking??

conductivity --> ok, got me there :) true, but isnt 1500 or even 1200 a bit much ? .... as in...... almost an obsession?

EDIT: must.........have..................new................extra................mirror :D

the high grades of paiper might, just might be used to finnish off a paint jobb, i know that was what i did with the same...
Actually came out pretty nice, wassent a 100% good mirror, but then, Red seams to be a bad color for reflective result... (red, to bright, no good mirror image)

Offcourse, i made it for a friend, got good pay'd, and a few weeks later he used some rubbing compound, and now he has NO mirror image at all.. His problem, not mine, i been paid.
B!

IMOG said:
There is a member of these forums who sells higher grits in a nice package for peanuts... I owe him a review/opinion thread one of these days actually. :-/

The forum members name is insulglass, and his kits can be ordered through http://www.easypckits.com/

Ditto. :cool:

Can't say I've had the chance to use the kit yet. But I can say
that the pieces are a bit small. About a quarter sheet.

Last edited:
Personally, I started on my slk_800A with 600, then went to 800 then to 1200 then to 1500. The 600 and 800 took the longest. But with the 1200 and 1500 I had a mirror finish in about 30 minutes.

Back