• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can Winbond Hadware Doctor be trusted when using the NF7-S 2.0?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

login211

I've got my barton at 2.23ghz @ 1.9V and my cpu idle temp is 36.5C according to hardware doctor and Mbm 5.3.4.0

this seems pretty imposible to me...

is it reading the cpu socket or cpu die/core temp?

case temp is 27C btw....

Well, the problem with the in socket thermistor is that if it doesnt actually touch the bottom of the CPU die, then you will just be reading the temp of the air around it, even then its not very accurate because its not reading temps directly from the CPU core, merly close to the core, through some not very conductive material (for heat anyway) so no, don't trust those temps at all...

At the moment, its 19C in my case, and at idle, its 37C on the core (from under socket thermistor) That is 1.775v (2450MHz)
The thermister is touching the bottom of the CPU but doesn't have thermal paste so I don't know how accurate it is my self, I usually add 10 C to it.

winbond monitor should never be trusted on these boards. period. regardless of wether it uses the in socket or on die sensor, it is woefully buggyand causes no end of hassle.

james.miller said:
because its not supported in hardware. the nf7's have no connection to the on-die sensor

Do you/anyone know my mobo manufacurers stopped using it (my best guess is that users compalined about higher temps with their boards.).

my guess isnt that they complained about the higher temps but that customers saw the lower temps of other systems and being un educated about the situation chose the other boards.

Back