• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thoroughbred B stepping codes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigL

Thought it might be a good idea if I post all the Thoroughbred B stepping codes and ask everyone else to do the same, this way we can make a complete list of all varieties of Thoroughbred B stepping codes out there, perhaps even find out which ones clock the best.

Now we all know about the JIUHB and there superiority over all other codes, however I'm currently more interested in the rest of the stepping.

I.E the 4 digit "birth code" :eek: , and the 3-4 character "other code" :confused:

I have had:

AXDA1700DUT3C JIUCB 0251SPDW - Maxed at [email protected] :(
AXDA1700DLT3C JIUHB 0310WPMW - Maxed at [email protected] :cool:
AXDA1700DLT3C JIUHB 0319VPMW - Current System ;)

If anybody out there knows what these codes mean, please do not hesitate to enlighten me!!! :)

Weeks, sSpecs and steppings are practically useless. This is because not every CPU from every stepping and week is overclocked, so it's impossible to know the best overall. People only know which ones seem to overclock the best. Overclocking is unpredictable because a CPU from a popular stepping/sSpec/week might overclock poorly, and likewise a CPU from an unpopular stepping/sSpec/week might do very well.

Another factor is user error. A certain CPU might be capable of 3.3GHz on air-cooling, but if the user isn't a very knowledgeable overclocker, or one or more of his components are sub-standard, he may only reach 3GHz. This user then decides to go on some forum and write about his "crappy stepping that only reaches 3GHz," when the fact is that the CPU is capable of more. This is why no stepping will guarantee a good overclock, or indicate the speed you will get. Every CPU is different, so the only way to find out how far you can overclock is to try it and see.

Back