• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me get my OC higher

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aristotle-IV

Registered
I have a 3000
an NF7-s
2 stick of 512 3200 twinx

So i was stable at
11.5x207 2.38ghz @ 1.825 vcore
With timings 5-2-2-2

So i upped the FSB to 208 and failed within seconds.

I upped the vcore to 1.85v and lowered the timings to 7-2-2-2, and still failed within seconds.

Is 208 FSb possibly a bad setting should i just try 208 or 210?

Any other advice would be cool, thanks.

Well you should loosen the rest of your timings a bit. Maybe 7,3,3,2.5 or something. Until you find the max fsb of your memory and your motherboard you probably should loosen the timings alot, like 11,4,4,2.5 or something like that.

You can typically run memory faster than what it is rated it, but not typically faster and still at the same timings.

timings was never something i was clear on can someone give me a quick rundown or what they do.

I know lower is better but aside from that its foggy.

I would really apreciate it so i can gauge what performance is sacrifice to get the memory a few more mhz

Memory timings are the delays between various store and recall functions being carried out by the RAM. In the most commonly used RAM, DDR SDRAM, there are banks, rows and columns of memory data bytes. Delays in switching between columns/rows and the data coming out are referred to in the memory timings. Lower is indeed better but it restricts the clock speed you can run at somewhat. Increase the delays between when data is requested and when data arrives and you will be able to increase the clock speed some more. Thus, increase the memory timing numbers to get more out of your chip.

Edit: Got DSL?

http://www.corsairmicro.com/memory_basics/153707/index.html

Even with timings 10-4-4-2.5 I cant get the chip over a 207 fsb so i guess that is that.

Sort of a letdown, but oh well.

Maybe a new BIOS revision would help.

Im running 18.

Back