• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon 64 3200+ @ Newegg $465.00

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
"Save $5 when you buy this item with Asus Motherboard for AMD Athlon/XP/Duron Processors, Model# A7N8X"

What's wrong with them? That's a Socket A mobo incompatible with Athlon 64, do they even have any Athlon 64 mobos at newegg?

I just watched the last half or so of the webcast of the athlon 64 launch, this thing is going to rule. I noticed earlier that newegg's athlon 64 cpu section was empty, now it seems they posted the 2 and 2.2ghz versions of it. Sweet. :D

Oh, and this might be a little bit too much speculation, but in case nobody else noticed the trend here... Geforce FX, Athlon FX... maybe the new version of windows will be Windows FX or something. :eek:

Ha windows fx. ms should call the new windows xc instead of xp2. windows xc: now xtra crappy for xtra crashes.:)

Oh I forgot to mention, during this one part of the webcast speech whoever was talking (I started it late so I missed his name) said "man I feel like the characters from the game are right in this room". Then they panned the camera to a balcony where three or four people were standing dressed up in full costume as characters from various games, most notably there was someone dressed up as Mr. Crow from UT2003. I about died laughing. :D

webfreak said:
Oh I forgot to mention, during this one part of the webcast speech whoever was talking (I started it late so I missed his name) said "man I feel like the characters from the game are right in this room". Then they panned the camera to a balcony where three or four people were standing dressed up in full costume as characters from various games, most notably there was someone dressed up as Mr. Crow from UT2003. I about died laughing. :D

lmao thats the dude i play as

not worth it since the a64 is just a better version of the Xp...

what i want is DUAL CHANNEL DDR & NON REGISTERED MEMORY =d 1 of which the A64 FX dont have now..

plus having .09 process cant hurt =d

MAN I WANT ONE!....thinken of selling the ram mobo and proc in my sig so I can try and afford one.......I am gunna wait just a bit though.....just so I can see all the bugs and the benchies and get me the best AMD cpu/mobo combo......I hear the VIA mobos are gunna be the cheapest and the fastest....think I read it in the anandtech review........but I am gunna get me one of these in the next year for sure!

Athlon FX not yet

Sure the New athlon FX 51 is good but I have a barton which I just purchased last week for cheep and it will perform a little worse in games which is mostly what I do. I have it overclocked to 2.3ghz. When they get that thing to 2.8ghz default speed which will probally be around 4-10 months probally and it should be cheep then. When I can buy of of those for 500 with the ram board and cpu then I'll get one and thats canadian dolalrs.

ok ok, enough with the fighting. Anyways, my plan is to get one of these things when they get into the $100 dollar range. As for the meantime, Im going with a 2500 barton oced to 3200 specs. Great speeds at low price...A lot more bang per buck there.

Anyone have one of these or seen any bench marks, there has to be some people running them out there. I agree with everyone that it is not worth the price/performance factor, but I would like to see it compared to a 3.2ghz p4.

You wanna hear something cool, I started a new job monday for a small shipping business. The owner gave me a older p3 900mhz HP computer to use, and this thing crashes all the time and basically needs a rebuild. So he was going to order me a new dell, but he is a little tight on cash. So I told him I could upgrade it with for about $400. So I ordered a barton 2500, asus a7n8x, 512meg pc3200, pny fx5200 128meg with dual monitor out and an antec case. Now before everyone starts bashing the video card, I went with it becouse he gave me a second monitor so I could have dual displays and it looked like a good solution compared to a radeon 9200 plus it is dx9 compatible. I thought that was pretty cool. Won't he be sick when it's faster than his dell he paid $3000 for about 6 months ago. Kinda a neat setup I get a computer I like and he gets to save some cash.

well those were certainly some non-interesting posts :rolleyes:

anyways.. i read on the front page there might be a 3000+ A64 @ 217. if it comes out, I'll buy it and run it in a AMS mini pc box.

so you AMD droids.. if you want this Intel lover to be converted.. pray that AMD releases this cheaper chip at around 200-220.

Maxvla said:
well those were certainly some non-interesting posts :rolleyes:

anyways.. i read on the front page there might be a 3000+ A64 @ 217. if it comes out, I'll buy it and run it in a AMS mini pc box.

so you AMD droids.. if you want this Intel lover to be converted.. pray that AMD releases this cheaper chip at around 200-220.

Those posts are now gone Maxvla ...:rolleyes:

Back