• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU's, RAM and FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overcrocked

I have PC2700 RAM and my CPU is a Tbred B Juihb dlt3c at 200x11 on an NF-S. Now, thats a decent stretch for some Spectek RAM. I have my VDIMM set at 2.8 I believe. The thing I was wondering is: does stretching the RAM so far effect how much Voltage you have to put into the VCore? The reason I was wondering was because I was trying to get my CPU to run at 2.3 and 2.4gigs. I barely managed to hit 2.3 at 1.75V, I had to bring down my FSB to about 185 and up the multi a bit and put my VDIMM at 2.9. I did manage to get into windows at 2.4, but that's it. So if I bought say OCZ or Corsair 3700ram would I be able to get my cpu to higher levels with less put into the vcore, because at this point I'll never even be able to hit 2.4ghz stable would have to set my VCore to around 2V on air...

-Thanks, Overcrocked

Back