• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2100 0302 and what you think will happen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jonspd

Super Speedy Senior
As for right now I can run 1.95volts in bios 1.92 in mbm5 @ 11x219 and be 100% stable. Well my load temp never get's over 44c no mater what I use winbond hardware, mbm5, cpucool, or sandra. Most of the time my load temp is 42c @ 11x219 with 1.95 volt s my question is I can only go from 1.95 to 2.0 volt's do you think that 2.0 volts in bios 1.97 in mbm5 with my chip clocked over 2.4 do you think it will harm it so much more increaseing the voltage and clock speed that the cpu will fail within a few week's of do you think it may last longer. I know there is really not an answer to this question but I just want you guy's input on what I should do.

I can post into windows with 2.1 volt's @ 2.6+

Well the voltage itself won't kill your chip within weeks. The problem will be the cooling. 2v on air is going to be hard to keep cool and the high temps MAY be harmful. When you posted at 2.1 what were your temps?

@ 2.1volts in bios 2.05volts in mbm5 and most everything else I use my idle temp @ 11x219 is 40c full load is probably like 45-47 depending on room temp.

No But 1.95 in bios = 1.904-1.92 in every program I use to check my vcore and yes my chip want do higher then 222x11 without more then 1.95 in bios .

sounds like it's just hitting its limit over 2.4.40c idle seems ok to me thats about what mine does at 2.0 with almost the same chip.any higher takes alot more voltage than the 1.65 it is set to in bios which raises the temperature alot more.It takes 1.85 for this chip to do 2.1 so i have settled for the lower setting.You have a really good chip on your hands.imho 2.4 on air is the aim of all xp's.

Back