• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which one's the PCI to PCI Bridge driver?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
... is it in the GART folder of the nForce2 driver package, or where?

(8RDA+, Windows 9x/Me)

Drive image of one 8RDA+ rev1.1 being installed on another 8RDA+ rev1.1.

I thing the Bridge revisions are slightly different so I get a driver location prompt upon first boot for Memory Controller (MemCtl folder under Drivers) and PCI to PCI Bridge (?? folder under Drivers).

That's what.

It's a dual boot. No probs on Windows XP but on Windows Me, it asks for the location of the PCI to PCI Bridge driver...

You mean double click on Setup.exe?

Although that's good for XP, there's a pdf floating around that in 98/Me you're supposed to install things separately in Device manager. This is because it would mess up the sound card and display drivers which I do not want installed from the Setup.exe file.

The way I took care of the problem is I let it install the standard driver for it, but I'd prefer to point to a specific nForce2 driver folder. Choices are

AudioDrv
AudioUtl
Display
Ethernet
GART
MemCtl
SMBus

Could it be GART?

If you need to do it that way Windows will check the folder for the right INF file. Just point your way to each folder and see if windows will find it.

...that would make sense if Microsoft Windows didn't display one of those messages telling us that "as it appears we were not paid to recognize this driver, this driver may not be...."

It displays the "this driver may not be..." message no matter which folder I go to.

I can't force an install like in the case of the memry controller driver where I know it is to be installed from the MemCtl folder no matter how much Microsoft tries to dissuade me from installing it.

Back