• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I overclock my PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Welcome to the forums!

You already have a pretty killer overclocking rig already, so it shouldn't be that hard. nForce2 chipsets are the best at the moment and will OC well. One proviso though - what revision is your motherboard: it is printed in between the PCI slots in white lettering. Having a revision 1.04 or earlier may limit your FSB speed, but revision 2 boards rock ;)

There are many guides around known as "stickies" that can help you - I will be back with links to them in a minute.

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83663

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=62006

Last edited:
real brief guide mess with cpu speed

i havent done any hardcore overclocking or anything, just messed with the fsb and multiplier. my athlonXP2500+ started out running at 1.09ghz, fsb=100 and multiplier=10.5.
then i went in and changed the fsp to 200 and left the multiplier alone, and now im runnin at 2.21ghz.

if thats basically what you wanna do, which it sounds like to me, and you don't know how to mess with the fsb, read on.

restart your computer and go into bios(if you don't know how, just restart and press delete every 2 seconds, thats what i do)

then when in bios, select advanced, then advanced chip set features. then highlight CPU External Freq.(MHz) and change the Freq to a higher number. should be 100, 133, 166, and 200.

FSBxMultiplier=CPU speed

be sure to monitor your cpu temp after you make changes, if you have the disc that came with your mobo, it has a prog called pc probe or somthing on it that you can use, or search for mother board monitor.
i make sure my cpu stays below 55C, probly can get hotter than that, but im not sure, im just stayin on the safe side.

nice setup btw

Back