• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlon64 FX Results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Once you realize no ordinary person can actually buy P4 EE, there's nothing to miss.

Athlon 64s are available for purchase now, you can have one today!

I read 4 reviews before I read Tom's and I was surprised to read the conclusions. They use all these phantom P4 3.4, 3.6 EE that are not even available yet and their graphs are just confusing, you have to really read carefully all the fine print. I liked Anand and Ace, easy to read and well balanced.

Ye hes like drinking and making noise everynight.
Sometimes he knocks on my doors and ask for cheese. :rolleyes:

So i hate him (always wish hes out of my neighborhood)

Re: Re: Athlon64 FX Results

Mark Larson said:
Lies.

To elaborate: Tom lies, cheats and twists his benchmarks. You can't trust him. You simply can't.

I will have to agree. I belive it also, even before I heard others saying it here.

I never liked or plan to like THG!! :mad: :mad:

Wow this thread has digressed enough I would say.

It's really easy to make blanket statements like the ones made here... But it is a much larger challenge to analyze and specifically state what you find to be the problem with the articles.

Tom's may not have much reliability, but it isn't very progressive sitting on the forums and just bashing THG.

If you want to follow this line of thinking, please do so while atleast appending a fragment of intelligence to your post... afterall, we aren't the [H] - we can actually properly support our ideas here.

It is enough to say that Tom's reliability is very questionable and he isn't very respected by enthusiasts anymore - we can leave the silly "fanboy" and "wierdo" comments to ot[H]er forums. ;)

considering intel only released a 3.2 GHZ of the p4 EE i wonder why he has a 3.6 ghz one listed and benchmarked comparing to a A64

cherryp00t said:
considering intel only released a 3.2 GHZ of the p4 EE i wonder why he has a 3.6 ghz one listed and benchmarked comparing to a A64
because of the reasons stated earlier in this thread...

If you want to follow this line of thinking, please do so while atleast appending a fragment of intelligence to your post... afterall, we aren't the [H] - we can actually properly support our ideas here.
Great job bashing another site. For the record, i do think there are better spellers, more posters, more intelligent posters, and less nazism there.

Um, Yea.... I'll believe that when I see a thread over at [h] without the F word in it.

THG compared an overclocked P4 EE to a stock AMD64 FX chip. Of course it's going to do better with an overall 5% performance increase :rolleyes: - they should've overclocked the AMD chip too and gotten results then. Even so the Athlon FX is still better than the P4EE at stock speeds. (got that from RELIABLE benchmarking sites)

L337 M33P said:
Um, Yea.... I'll believe that when I see a thread over at [h] without the F word in it.
So you think the amount of swear words is an appropriate indicator of the quality of content?

I wouldn't be surprised if you then think this forum is the greatest on the intarweb, simply by virtue of it having a word filter.

I'm sure some people also like the beeps and silent pauses in songs and movies broadcast on TV. Not me. No sir. Censoring = bad.

I think i'll change my name to He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

Mark Larson said:

So you think the amount of swear words is an appropriate indicator of the quality of content?

Yes. It statistically represents that people who cannot/will not express opinions with the varied and more than abundant vocabulary of English and choose to do so with crude swearwords. And about censorship: anyone can come and read these forums, even little kiddies. Aside from the legal issues I think it's a bit morally wrong to let profanity rule the posts rather than positively worded arguments.

Mark Larson said:

I wouldn't be surprised if you then think this forum is the greatest on the intarweb, simply by virtue of it having a word filter.

I'm sure some people also like the beeps and silent pauses in songs and movies broadcast on TV. Not me. No sir. Censoring = bad.

I think i'll change my name to He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

I like some censoring, like in songs, I just don't like swearing in music. In movies it's fine, except for continuous use of the "F" word, I hate that (I shouldn't be talking though, because when I get mad, that is one of my favorite words :-/ ) One thing I DO NOT support and NEVER will support is censoring on TV. And simply because EVERY other country EXCEPT the USA doesn't censor TV!! That is one thing the REALLY pa zisses me off! And I know there are millions of others that hate it too. Anyway, that is my two cents on the matter. :)

I am pretty proud of what we have here too guys but this is not how we go about proving that we are superior to anyone but the springer show...

A truely mature thread boys and girls...both orange and blue.

Anyways, i honesly dont care how it performs, i'm not one to spend that sort of money on a CPU, maybe in the future when the prices go down a bit...not maybe, FOR SURE :D

those benchies form t-break have me convinced about this cpu...

the only thing im waiting for is the .09 and the 939 pin..

once those two things roll out this chip is gonna be HOOOOOOOOOOOT

Back