• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My narrowed down mobo choice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DarkDraco

I have narrowed my mobo choices down to these 2

So far albatron seems to be the winner with the 400mhz ddr support but i would like some opinions:

Albatron:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=579895&sku=A261-2011

Asus:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=590675&sku=A455-2031

Before people start to try and change my mind about getting nforce or this and that, this is to let you know my final purchase will be one of these 2 and any other comment will be useless :p

So far my decision is landing on the asus because of the 6 pci slots and the thoroughbed support.

Also how do i know if the board allows overclocking?

Yeah, the NF7-s is said to be more stable then the ausus (the v2.0 has the same 400mzh FSB support).

The NF7-S has a better sound system then the ausus (in that it has an optical input).

the asus OC's Fine.. I like my asus board cuz it has a much better layout and looks alot better in the window than my NF7-S...

mainly hate that big bulky mobo connecter in the middle of the abit board

hmmm, i dont remember listing the abit NF7-s as one of my 2 choices.....

I need the cheapest board i can get and these are the best 2 i found for $70. Thats why i asked which is better. But seems to me the asus will win.

i say Epox 8rda+ from newegg.. around 70 dollars dual channel ddr.. and the last one i brought from neweeg was REV2 ;d

Get the Shuttle AN35Ultra it can be had for 60-70$ and will blow the pants off any VIA board performance wise. As for FSB, i have tested it up to 235 whereas those KT400s will only go up to like 205 before crapping out.

The KT400 is crap compared to Nforce2. PCI/AGP lock is beautiful. ;). As is dual channel memory and great drivers.

Between those two choices I would go with the Asus.

Back