• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thoughts on Coolermaster Aero 7+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hughhefner

Playboy Wannabee
Thought are not good folks.

I just bought 1 of these complete heatsink/fan setups and 3 "Fan Only" blowers. The idea is a novel one, they use a fan that doesn't have a dead spot in the center so the cooling is supposed to be better even if the fan doesn't push as much air.

The air pressure it can apply is greater as well BUT!!!

the results are not good

My previous setup

Thermalright SLK800 with 80mm Vantec Tornado at LOW setting of 3000rpm, MBM5 temps of 105 deg F with 1.81V with a XP1800 DLT3C JIUHB at 200X11

Cooler master temps were 128 deg F with the fan on MAX,

Both are using artic ceramique, the results were so bad I had to remove the coolermaster 2 times just to see if I was mounting it correctly.

YES!! I know the temps from MBM are NOT actual, but the difference of 23 deg F has to be close.

So much for this $28 heatsink and the $8 fans I bought, I'll just have to use these on some LIGHTLY overclocked rigs for my family or friends.

We probably could have forewarned you, bud ;).

Was the Aero fan on MAX louder than the 3000rpm Tornado? Considerably?

Actually no, the rated spedd on the coolermaster fan is 1900rpm, is just doesn't seem to push as much air. The all copper heatsink is nice but it looks like it could use so lapping whereas the thermalright look almost POLISHED out of the box. Not as many fins on the coolermaster..

Good thing I just bought 2 Thermalright SLK900's , should have them by friday.

i have the aero 7 lite ,which performs similarly to the 7+,

i think the concept is great with the blwer fan, but the fact that the heatsink is used with a renteion clip sort of keeps teh dead spot alive.... but the air pressure is still good, which is why its able to be decently effective at such low CFM....

i find my hs/f to be pretty decent at speeds up to 2/3rds of teh way up teh dial for teh fan speed, .... its not great, or a stand out... but it does its job...

but i have to admit, i wouldnt recommend it to my friends... i bought it out of curiousity and its good looks.....

i think the blower fan would work well on a clip-less heatsink, like a swifty or alph type hs that has heatsink fins directly on top of the core

now im looking at teh vantec aeroflow as an interesting concept, and i'm wondering how good teh silent boost from tt is since i've only heard good thigs about it...

I went from the Aero7+ to a slk900/Papst 102 cubic metre, in a bout of panic over high temps.
It only reduced my cpu temp by about 3 C, even at comparable noise settings.
And actually, the Aero7+ fan is rated at 3500 rpms. I can back that up with MBM readings.

Yes the fan on the coolermaster is rated at 3500rpm on high, the side of the box only shows 1900rpm for 10.9 cfm of air flow on low.

Just glad I didn't purchase more of these, its just been hard to find the SK-7's in stock any more, at least at a decent price.

can't wait to fire up the SLK900's, they will be matched with 92mm HO fans from enermax, they aren't as loud as the Tornados but still are supposed to push around 60cfm.

Sound is a big issue for me since I work from home and am on the telephone alot being in Insurance, can't pretend that the cleaning lady "My wife" is ALWAYS vacuuming my office.

Back