• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jackpot! My 2500+ is running at...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Solari

Registered
Jackpot! My new 2500+ is running at...

Yes it's true, 2.3GHz at only 1.6Vcore. Unfortunately I didn't have the time & cooler to test more. I'm only on some random copper cooler with a 70mm fan now. I will be testing more this evening and see what this baby really can do. But so far, things are looking really good.

Here's a picture of WCPUID and pifast.

Code: AXDA2500DKV4D AQXDA0313MPMW
Temps: idle 45'C // load ~50'C

More on the subject, hopefully with some more pics tonight.

[edit] I noticed the vcore shown at the MBM dashboard in the picture isn't that readable, so I took a screenshot of CPU-Z (showing the vcore) and pifast. Notice that the time is poorer in this screenshot since I had all other programs running while doing this. [/edit]

Last edited:
luck of the cpu draw.i say you should be able to hit 2500mhz
with better cooling.mines at 11x200 with a vcore of 1.8 and ive hit its limit.ive tried 1.9 vcore with setting of 11.5x200 and it crashed.i might get another xp2500.

if they were cooler I would get another one. I had my 2500 in my main computer room and that thing was a space heater even at stock voltage and speed. overclocking only made it worse. put my 1700 back in my main system and it is nice and cool in there again even though my 1700 is running at 2.2ghz :)

From what ive seen the newer Xp2500+'s run alot cooler than the older ones . Ive had an Aquca @ 2480mhz on 1.87v @52degree's load , and the newer Aqxea @2480mhz on 2.05v @ 51degree's load.

Thats with water cooling on an Abit NF7-S . The Aqxea ran at 2.2ghz on 1.6v and the Aquca ran 2.2ghz on 1.55v . But the newer one ran a big ammount cooler........

Yeah, these run a lot cooler than the older ones.. new steppings make miracles don't they? :) Well I can't wait to hook this cpu up with some better aircooling (like SLK-900 for example) or even water cooling.

I've got an AQXDA now running at 1.80V at over 2500MHz. Chilled water though. It may go lower, I just haven't tested at 1.775V yet.

Mine isn't running too cool since i am using a silent cooler but 200x11 at stock vcore isn't too shabby.
2500+ rock!
I wish i had water cooling to push it further!

Yea these new ones must be way better than the old ones. My old 2800 won't go over 2.3 without 2.0v and runs hotter than the flames of hell even at 1.8v. Hmmm, to buy a new or not. Oh the decisions.

threeputt, I set it to 1.65V in the BIOS, but my NF7 somehow transforms that to 1.6V in Windows. I checked with several programs and they all show the same, so I guess I just have to believe that. :)

mustrum, silent aircoolers can be good too, for example, imagine a SLK-947U and a ~20-25dB 80mm fan on top.. :) That'd be enough cooling power for most, me included. :p Sure watercooling would be nice too, and very very effective. But on the other hand, a good watercooling kit costs about $200 (roughly). I surely would like to test a watercooling kit before I buy it, just to see if I really need it or if I'm just paying $150 extra for ~100MHz more cpu-power. It's really hard to decide which way to go. A friend with watercooling would be handy right now. :)

Going from a vantec aeroflow to water cooling netted me a 200Mhz increase (2.3GHz to 2.5 Ghz) on the 2500+.

Yea i was getting around the same.... 200mhz extra.

I can keep the Aquca stable at 1.85v with the fans on full (still quiet) , but it takes 1.87v on almost silent mode (2480mhz).

I might try more voltage and try 2550mhz , temps seem to be the only prob!! In my case there is around 8-10 degrees in the difference between my Aquca & Aqxea at prime95 load, even though the older chip clocks better :rolleyes: .

Wow 2500mhz on 1.8v - NICE chip. How many Xp2500+'s have you went through??

not to burst your bubble or anything but have you run prime with it overnight yet ??

I know i can boot at up to 2.7 ghz with my barton but it cant pass prime for more then a few min even if i give it 2.2 volts.

Also at default my barton hit 2300 mhz but once again needed at least 1.725 volts to be stable.

The funny thing is i could run superpi or pifast or some other program called cpuburn or something and none of them crashed my computer.....but prime would either give a rounding error or the computer would just lock.

So test with prime before staying up late and typing a 10 page paper and having your puter lock up on you on page 8....trust me it sucks:mad:

I am curious have you run any Sisoft benchmarks? for some reason to me the Tbreds are better performers overall, at higher mhz they outperform the Bartons. (only according to my benchmarks)

I'd like to see some benchies if you have the time, just to compare cause I am begining to think I got bad Bartons here, in which case I will just get the right stepping.

I got two Barton 2500 and on air cooling they will not run higher than 194*11.5 = 2231 mhz stable. At the same speed the Tbred 2100 gets higher benchies in Sisoft.

Is that a glitch or could Sisoft Sandra not be aware of the extra cache on the Bartons?

maybe your using an old version of sandra....dunno for sure anyways ill get a screeny and post it.

sandra24782.jpg

sandra24781.jpg

this is sandra versions 2003.7.9.73

Last edited:
Back