• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

free temp improvement for my hec6au6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snip3r

Registered
noticed that my casing front 120mm fan is blocked by "grills" so I used industrial type of "scissors" to cut them. Took about 1/2 hr to complete it and I think tomorrow gonna file them properly.

Hmmz...guess what's the delta temp? whopping 4 degs

This is my first DIY mod..dont laugh :D

Good work! Careful it's addicting, borrow a dremmel from someone and see what you can do :)

Ha, stay away from the dremel. Thats a fast way to ruin your case. :p Anyway, removing the fan grills is a great first mod because it lowers sound and helps remove blockage. What is your next mod going to be? Ducting? Anyway, good job.

Skiing Squirrel said:
Ha, stay away from the dremel. Thats a fast way to ruin your case. :p Anyway, removing the fan grills is a great first mod because it lowers sound and helps remove blockage. What is your next mod going to be? Ducting? Anyway, good job.

As Im using the slk800u, I;d like to raise the fan by 1~2" such tht the hotspot effect is reduce. Prolly also duct it from my side panel to the fan and prolly another hole to blow it on my 9800np.!:p

So it starts! Soon he will be modding anything on the case he can think of. It starts with fans and will soon move to adding holes and then on to routing air, and of course to ducting right away. Then he will look at the color and decide it needs a paint job then windows and oh god I want my dremel now!!!!!!!!!!

Back