• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best cooling for the money

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UEnvyMyStyle

Registered
I'm looking to upgrade my heatsink/fan on my XP2600

what does everyone suggest, i do not want water cooling, just a nice cooler that will do the job, noise is not really an issue

i'd say go thermalright, get the most expensive HS you wana buy starting with the sk7 (the sk7 is a great HS but the more you spend the better it is, eg sk-800).

As for fans, if it truely isnt an issue (sound) get a vantec tornado, otherwise get a smart fan II.

IMHO This is the best bang for the buck cooling solution.
Thermalright SK- 7 Heatsink with TT Smart II Fan

racin said:
IMHO This is the best bang for the buck cooling solution.
Thermalright SK- 7 Heatsink with TT Smart II Fan

^^^ is the reply you are going to get from pretty much everyone... but post exaclty what dollar range you are looking for to get more accurate replies.

If you can spend a bit more, try the thermalright SLK900 clip mount version for $39 and add a 92 mm enermax variable speed fan for another $13. Its alot quieter than the Vantec tornado "not as much air flow" but it pushes about the same air as the TT smartfan 2 BUT it is MUCH quieter than the sm2.

I just ordered 2 of these setups and will have them up by the weekend.

UEnvyMyStyle said:
around 40 too 50

ok well then the sk7 would be kinda "cheap"

anyway you could get the Zalman CNPS 7000 which is really quiet and very effective, or the SLK 900U with a Tornado which is extremely loud, and cools a little better than the Zalman or the new Swiftech MCX462-V....

Thermal right SP-94 Heatpipe and, um, Fan to please your ears... Dont thin you can get a better cooling setup, to the same level f sound, on air. offcourse, more air, more noise, but cooler..
Your aircraft..

have fun!
B!

-=Mr_B=- said:
Thermal right SP-94 Heatpipe and, um, Fan to please your ears... Dont thin you can get a better cooling setup, to the same level f sound, on air. offcourse, more air, more noise, but cooler..
Your aircraft..

have fun!
B!

That is one super cooling mofo. Only problem is, it isn't for an AMD setup. ;) But maybe Thermalright will be releasing an AMD version soon.

Best for the moola now for AMD is the SK7 and which ever fan you prefer.

The SLK900 versions kick azz. But they are more expensive.

-=Mr_B=- said:
Your aircraft..

have fun!
B!

thats over his 50 dollar budget ;)

Noise isn't an issue? You want an SLK-900 (A or U, your choice) with a 92mm Vantec Tornado. And once you get it, noise will be an issue.

a vantec tornado mounted on a slk900u this is a little pricy but its the best you willl get and im in canada so prices are difernt and 40-50 on both or just the hs or what? any whay keep what u have tell u can et this then you never need to worry again as long as case cooling is ok because warm case with the best cpu cooling wont help but the sk-7 im not teribly impressed i would say stock or this setup maby the only other alternative besides this thats good is the vanteck tornada 11 or 12 or w/e the newes one its looking good beter than sk-7 ppppppppphhhhhhhhh sk-7 ppl.

Back