• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mcw462, mcw462+v, slk-900u

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pvc_and_frost

need teh best air cooling performance for my soon to be oc'd 2500+
swiftech has a new mcw out at frozencpu.com, and i was wondering (since all 3 sinks total to be 50usd) which one performs best with a 92 mil tornado or in the stock mcw462's case, an 80 mil tornado or sf2

I don't think any head to head comparisons have been done with the V yet... however, I would suggest going with that. The 900u beat the 462 in most tests, but it was a *very* slim victory. The improvements on the V are supposedly creating a large performance increase. Plus, the more people using the V, the better feel we'll all have for it. Get the V and let us know ^_^.

i agree with vonkaar... i saw a couple reviews and the v beat the origional 462 by alot... i don't think you can go wrong with any of though though.

Heck, I'm all about bang for the buck. You can't beat the value of an SK-7 with a good fan. According to the database there, the SK-7 is still slightly better at top performance than the Swifty. That's pretty sweet for a heatsink that can be picked up for under $20.

No doubt, the slk900 is a better choice. I tested it heavily against the new swiftech and the slk900a always cooled better using the same fans. Usually 2-7 degrees better.

The slk900a and the slk947u are the same basic heatsink, just one is clip on while the other bolts on.

well i would be getting and prolly am the 947u.....no if i can just find a way to mount one on my video card...........a little bit of modding since i dont have any pci cards......just think slk947 on a radeon 9800pro......sounds like oc time to me.......i cant wait for the mcw chipset heatsink, that sound preety awesome

Back