• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mem ratios 1:1 3:4 4:5 etc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bardos

I have been reading somewhere that the objetive is 1:1 ration between mem speed and fsb. I'm running 3:4. Is 1:1 better no matter how you arrange it, even if you have to lower your mem speed?

thanks, b.

if you put it at 1:1 when the speeds are different, then afaik you will lose performance...

dont know how it works the other way 'round though...

bardos said:
I have been reading somewhere that the objetive is 1:1 ration between mem speed and fsb. I'm running 3:4. Is 1:1 better no matter how you arrange it, even if you have to lower your mem speed?

thanks, b.

It all depends on the chipset. If you are running an i845 series chipset, 3:4 is the best. None of the AMD-supporting chipsets work well in anything besides 1:1, but Intel is a lot better at chipset design than anyone else.

If you put your machine details in either your profile or your sig it makes it a lot easier to accurately answer a question of this nature.

Let's see,

Asus p4pe with gigalan and raid, etc
with [email protected] 1.5vcore 156FSB

512mb Buffalo PC3200 3:4 2,5,3,3,7 (voltage: auto) @208mhz (416)

hsf: avc sunflower
maxtor 160gb 8mb cache
sb soundblaster
InWin case
psu: raidmax 400W
matrox g450 16mb dual

Back