• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cant get above 12.5x multi on my +2500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aaron_ATX

Specs are in the sig. My ram really blows and wont run stable at anything over 186. I can get it to boot at 200 but if it aint stable, it aint any good.

Anyway, so until I get some new ram I am playing around with the multiplier trying to see how high I can clock it and how much voltage my new heatsink/fan combo can put up with. I can switch it to 13x in the bios, and it posts and reports almost 2400mhz....but MBM5 shows it as 2180 something instead. benchmarking it shows that its probably running at 2180.

So whats the deal here? Is 12.5 as high as I can get without doing some unlocking? When I try and set it to 13.5 it boots up at 900mhz lol.

Your motherboards can't set the 5th FID multiplier bit, only very few can. Therefore you either have 5-12.5x or that with 8x added on as the 5th bit is for 8x multiplier. Blowing/closing bridges or doing the socket-wire trick is the only way around this. Even then it will only get you the upper or lower "set" of multipliers.

So by axing a bridge here and there I will open up a new range of multipliers whist making others unaccessable?

Lame!

I guess I need to go buy some pc3200 then :/

yep.. either hardmod your cpu.. or get better ram... only ohter way of gettin out of it is buying a board that lets you use the 5th bit.. like nf7-s

Back