• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone else using a 947u on their +2500?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aaron_ATX

I don't seem to see many people using these. Its always the 800 or 900. I don't really even see much difference between them.....

the heatsink is new so not too many ppl have it.. plus it cost a few bucks more than the 900U and the only difference between the two is teh shape... the 900U and 947 are the same size heatsink

I have a SLK-947U + 19dB 80mm Papst on my Barton 2500+. The cpu is overclocked to 2.35GHz at the moment, but I'm still searching for the best OC/Vcore/temperature combination. I have everything in an Antec Sonata, the case closed and 2x 120mm case fans. The cpu temp is 46'C idle at 1.65Vcore, and about 50'C under load.

Sounds about right doesn't it?

yep thats about what I have been able to get to, but I need a little more vcore than that.

I've got a Barton too, clocked to 2.31Ghz. default voltage 1.65v. My SK7 is running 40C idle and 46C load with artic silver 3. (dropped 1 C compared to artic silver which I previously used)

so i guess your temps are about right since you guys increased the voltage slightly.

running 46-47C idle with my g-byte system (1.8V) and 41-42C idle on my asus system (1.65V) but it's now at 211x11...

Back