• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

why is there 2 internet connections with my nforce 2?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amsties

Registered
why is there 2 internet connections with my nforce 2? what do they do and what is the second non active one that I can't disable for? is this the cause of my 1000 ping in ravensheild?

Which nforce2 board do you have? If you have comcast as your ISP that is probably the reason for your 1000 ping. Its not an accurate ping, comcast is doing something wacky. Most of the people I know that have comcast are getting those 1000 pings (oddly enough I am not).

when u are refering to "internet connections" im assuming that u mean RJ45 ethernet ports? If thats what you mean this is why you have two of them....

"Equipped with Gigabit and Ethernet LAN solution, this platform can be applied as network gateway, managing traffic between two separate networks and ensuring rapid transfer of data from WAN to LAN without any added arbitration or latency."

prob the A7N8X Delux and i think the gigabyte board has 2 as well...

bascially.. to explain falcon's words.. you can use your 2 NICs to split your 1 connection to a second comp wihtout buying a router or what not

NO
on his NF7-S 1 of the reported internet connections is his firewire port. YES YOU CAN CONNECT COMPUTERS WITH FIREWIRE

and the other, Standard 10/100 ethernet

Back