• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AGP frequency...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

brennan77

I have an Epox 8RDA+ which allows me to adjust the AGP frequency alone. What do you guys runs yours at? Are the benefits worth the risks?

I have a Radeon 8500, BTW.

There's no point increasing the AGP frequency. It may allow more bandwidth between the video card and northbridge chipset, but that won't translate into performance. The switch from 4x AGP to 8x AGP didn't not really affect performance at all, even though the bandwidth was doubled.

i agree, dont change the fsb of video card, i didnt notice a difference when i upgraded to 8x either..

There is a difference if you increase the agp freq I have mine set to 68 and have ran it @ 70 on a cold winter night but this all depends on you video card default is 66mhz and I wouldn't get over 69 if I where you testing the agp freq.

Back