• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is My V Core Safe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bassbeatz

I have a duron 800 mhz kicking at 922 mz, i have the v core volts at 1.90 is this alittle risky voltage or am i safe and can the L2 cache be upped from 64k or not

Hello from the USA, your Duron will need some good cooling to get past 922, I've been able to hit 1000 with some Durons awhile back. 1.9V is still ok, the highest I would go is 2.0, but only with EXCELLENT cooling. Check out the main page of overclockers.com and look at the top of the page for the CPU database, select your brand/type of CPU and you'll see the lists of lowest-highest overclocks in the database and their respective voltages needed to get there.

bassbeatz said:
can the L2 cache be upped from 64k or not

No, it is only made with 64k of cache, so there is no way to get more.

Does it really need 1.9v to get to 922? I had a Duron 850 that would do 1Ghz on 1.85v, I dunno, I think 1.9 is a bit much vcore for what it is getting you. It seems the new Duron's based on the "Applebred" core are starting to appear and at very low prices, ie. $40 USD range, so maybe you should consider buying one of these in the furure if you are in the quest for more speed.

thanx for the info guys,i am replacing this duron with a 1.6 duron next week,they are about £30 now,i did get the 800 up to 1G on 98se but not at all stable,in the 65s oC,now im on xp it wont budge above 922,but i happy with what i got out of this one,now to find out what this 1.6 can cook up,i would be happy to hit the 2G i have a bet on with my uncle who is not an overclocker fan as he feels very ill when he reads the Qs & As in this forum,but i have got a few bios tweaks into him over the last few months,i think he is coming round.

wots the max i might get on this 1.6

bassbeatz said:
wots the max i might get on this 1.6

If they are based off of the Tbred B core then quite possibly 2GHz upwards. People have managed to get Tbred B XP1700+ which usually run at 1466MHz all the way to 2.4GHz and above.

Steven4563 said:
do u mean 65C !!!!! :eek: if u do i think u need some better cooling and that will properly help u

i no,i no, i was having saunas around it,but i could only run it for about 3 days to many crashes,and i use no thermal compund,im using these low end chips just to build some overclocking experiance as most pc shops in my land charge £35 i have a gut feeling o/cing will hit the retail markey like car tune ups,stock market watch out!!! mybe not.....................but htis time i will be using silver thermal compund an be more gentle with this 1.6 and cook it slowly on a say gas mark 5!!!

Back