• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

swiftech mcx462-v xp2800+ got temps down to 57C LOL...and thes are good temps???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dirknar

Registered
ya that really sucks right... but it was running at 63c idle.....

AC3---nice-tight-connection--92mm-tornado-LOUD-- 4-case fans--

not overclocked at all---ASUSa7v333 rev 1.2----doesnt "officially support 333fsb" but using bios that says it does---

mb-82f-84f
cpu 57c idle
62 (gameing)

this SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKS.......................

any suggestions.............

either you're mounting the heatsink wrong or there's a problem wiht your temp diode.. if you're 100% sure you're mounting it correctly.. then you should get a external temp probe

Hey pOOt, did you forget that asus boards post temps anywhere from -5 to +20 degrees off?
I would go to radio shack and get a temp sensor, the one with indoor and outdoor temps. i have one, next to the core, just small enough to fit, and it does well.

Your temps could be anywhere from 37º to 63º, and you couldnt tell with the inaccurate temp posting by the mobo.

Best of luck correcting the problem.

Asus A7V333 with latest bios is fairly accurate - I would say it is not mounted correctly - also are you reading from bios or asusprobe?

thanks guys....

im going to get a external temp sensor...

something else strange...i ran sisofware sandra and it says my cpu temps are 35.5c!!!

so go figure...

it IS mounted correctly ive done it about ahundred times,, theres not much to screw up.. its even got a sticker for the side over the cam box...nice THIN even layer of as3... release tension screws and make sure the 3 prong bracket is in its place and whalla...

using BiOS,asus probe, sisoftware sandra

is the heatsink warm when the cpu is loaded? if it gets warm then there probably shouldn't be anything wrong with your mounting.

plus, have you tried removing the heatsink to check the thermal paste imprint? normally you can tell if you had good contact or not once you remove the heatsink.

if you remove the heatsink and conclude that you had good contact, then it's just a motherboard problem.

Back