• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will this L12 mod turn my 166fsb barton into a 200fsb barton?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

login211

For the 200 mod, you need to connect also AG31 to to Vss.

socket462_fsb_sense_pin.gif

I see 3 Vss, which one do i connect the AG31 to? 1, 2, 3 respectively.... i'm guessing 1 cause it's the closest

if i put a U shaped wire in the red holes of my motherboard cpu socket will my 166fsb barton become a 200fsb barton?
socket462.jpg

thanks

(sorry about the double post http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=214364&perpage=30&pagenumber=3 )

you'll notice that in the second picture all vss pins = gnd - thats "ground" or "earth". they are all the same, so you can use any of them. use the closest one though.

As far as I know, the L12 mod doesnt do anything for the performance of Bartons. Basically, the L12 mod makes a 133FSB Tbred or Palo into a 166FSB Tbred or Palo. Bartons already run at 166FSB stock, and 200 is capable through BIOS overclocking. Check out this thread for more information.

wannaoc said:
Just wondering why you need to hardmod it to 400? Is it not in the nf7 in your sig? If so just up it via bios. Mine maid it there just fine.

overclocking fsb with geil ram on all amd boards is sorta iffy imo, for every success story i've read, i've read a failure aswell...

i couldnt' get passed 181 and then i jumped to 220 after the mod so i know it works.... and know there was no magical setting that i changed after i did the mod to get to 220...

CalsonicGTR if the mod works for a 133 fsb cpu, don't you think it would also work for a 166fsb cpu?

for some reason, when the board thinks that you're not overclocking and running at stock speeds, it's happy and lets you do whatever you want too...

Back