• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone see that AMD commercial?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ookabooka

I was watching techTV when there was a paid advertisement comming on, you know, the commercials that take the entire break. I was about to get really annoyed (who wants a juicer anyways) when I saw the AMD logo appear. . . I actually turned up the volume for the commercial. Basically it was about the release of the "revolutionary" chip that would prepare you for the future while allowing you to live in the past (can run 32 & 64 bit apps). AMD doesn't usually do PR stuff. What do u think, is amd wise by taking the athlon-64 to the average consumer? Do they really need that kind of power?

I think AMD should do whatever it takes to stay in business and compete with Intel. At least for our sake.

I used to be an Intel fan about 10 minutes ago. Over that time I've seen this Athlon 64 processor and IMO it RoXx0rz Intel. I've just learned about it (don't laugh!) :p

oh god i want to see it on fox, oh baby kick intel while they are down, kill intel kill intel.

Yea im not a fanboy ;)

That being said GO AMD:) :D

You got to figure, the general public doesn't have any idea what 64 bit computing is. When they hear 64 bit, they think about video game console and how much better Nintendo 64 was compared to Super Nintendo. I think AMD is brilliant for going 64 just for the sheer marketing value of it. It doesn't matter if it's any better, the public likes bigger numbers. I cite the Mhz myth as an example.

yes your regulare joe knows that 64 is twice as big as 32 so that must mean twice as fast!! even for just marketing it is a great move by AMD. Lets see that sub 20% market shair turn into 50% :D

Too bad the only place i've seen the commercial on tech tv. Anyone watching tech tv knows what 64 bit computing is. AMD needs to put that spot on fox during prime time. that way joe suit and joe sixpack will see it.

snvpa said:
Too bad the only place i've seen the commercial on tech tv. Anyone watching tech tv knows what 64 bit computing is. AMD needs to put that spot on fox during prime time. that way joe suit and joe sixpack will see it.

Not quite.. you wont believe who watches that!! :D g-parents, parents, friends, cousins!! a LOT of computer ILLITERATE to bursh up on PC's! =)

Back