• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7N8X Deluxe and Dividers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The VTech

Captain Bawls
Does anyone know if there is a way around the missing divider option??

My SY-KT400 Soyo Dragon has this option and makes it hell easy to find a good level of OCing, but it is not in the BIOS that I can see in my Asus???

Thanks!!!!

Its a lock on Nforce2 and ultra boards. Set the AGP to 66mhz and its locked at that or set it higher to overclock that as well.

it doesn't so much has a divider it just has a straight option to set the frequency of the bus.

in my opinion this is even better,so you can lock the agp and pci frequency and messing with the CPU and Memory FSB doesn't affect the other bus at all

So the bus frequency you are meaning is the AGP option??

Will that lock the IDE as well as the PCI buses?

Is 66MHz stock or slightly OCed??

66 is the stock speed, I think that 33 is the pci frequency and the AGP frequency is double that automatically.
( might be wrong here)

I have tried a few different speeds for the AGP-bug, which is changeable, and you can't mess around with it too much, so I have it set at 67. As long as it's set at ANY value and it works, it's independant from the Front Side Bus of the processor and the memory

Coolio, thanks all. Time to push this Asus to it's limit now that I can lock the buses.

Thanks again much appreciated.

Back