• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best NF2 for cost, reliability, and overclocking ability?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Asus A7N8X :D

But really, with v2.0 boards you can't really go wrong. The NF7-S is the hardcore overclocker's choice, the Asus has more shiny features.

***abit NF7- S**** only features it lacks the asus has is the seond nic
but ask yourself how many times you would need that.....the nf7-s is the best board period overclocking, features you name it!......of course thats just my opionion I could be worng :)

NF7-S rev2. I could care less about the lack of a 2nd nic. I have owned both boards and I don't miss any "features" of the a7n8x. I would be a sad sad man without my NF7-S.

Looks like the Abit is the way to go if I want a new board. My a7n8x is the non deluxe and I can't get above 169 fsb with samsung pc2700. :(

i'm probably going to get crap for this.. but might i recommend the soltek 75frnl2 board? I personally own two, and after lapping the northbridge and replacing the crap stock compound, its stable at 230mhz fsb with loose memory timings (i'm using crucial 2700 btw on this one).

and i'm using one in my main rig that i keep at 185 with tightest timings possible and hasn't given me the least bit of trouble.

in my experience the soltek nf2 boards are also the most forgiving with the infamous corrupt bios problem.. i also own an abit nf7-s though.. and like it :) so i'd say whichever you can find for less! you wont be dissapointed.

oh, but the nf7-s has soundstorm.. so if you're in the market for a good/better soundcard then that would probably be the way to go. my .02

John

i only wish i could say msi.... damn *******s making loyal fans pay... i want a super oc msi :( :cry: :cry: :bang head :bang head . does the mf7 have indicating super usefull ultimate helping super shiny diagnostic leds like the msi kt4? if it does im getting it now!

Back