• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do i get in dual channel?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ConquereR

My ram isnt running in dual channel i dont think.
single.JPG

I just bought this new mobo. Can anyone tell me how to get it into dual channel mode?

The board physically has 3 slots, 2 closer together, another separate. The two are one channel, the other one is the other channel. Put the same amount of ram in both channels (i guess keeping an empty slot in between the two sticks would ensure that they are in different channels. It shouldn't matter what is in either channel, (two sticks on one, one on the other, or one in each) as long as each channel has the same total capacity. Then when you boot up, POST will explicitly indicate that it is running in dual channel mode with a message like "Dual Channel Memory Enabled" or something like that (I forget exactly what it says. I wouldn't trust any software to tell me about my hardware. There are no BIOS settings to enable Dual Channel Ram. I hope i helped...

I thought 1 and 2 would be dual channel, but its not. I have it in 2 and 3 and its in dual channel. CPU-Z says its in dual channel now but when it POST it doesnt say anything about dual channel, it just beeps.

what bios are you using? my board came with bios 1.0 and didnt say anything about dual channel, after i upgraded to 1.4 (now 1.8) it was correctly reported.

well i tried using teh Abit FlashMenu things and it says i have the latest bios. It was completed on 7/24/03 i think.

Back