• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nforce drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TetsuOH

Registered
i got the a7n8x dlx, asus says to use their driver from the website/ftp but i know its pretty old 1.16 and nvidia has a newer one up on their ftp 2.45. Im not sure which i should use, the actual asus one since its specifically for the board i hear or the nvidia which is for all nforce2 boards and is DEFINETLY newer

Last edited:
I know that the ASUS drivers use different version codes than the Nvidia ones, so that they might have a lower number doesn't necessarily mean that they are older. just take one of them and download them and do an install, it should work OK.

Although on my 98se, my secondary OS it wouldn't work, I got an installation error, with ALL the versions of the drivers, eventuall after reinstalling them for the umpteenth time it started working. and on XP I never had any problem with the drivers.

go figure

Back