• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ramsinks?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pixel

right now i have ram sinks that came with my ram spreaders and i have an old p2 heatsink i could cut up and a zalman nb heatsink i am planning to make ramsinks for my 9700pro aiw which would give me the best performance?

You'll get the best performance from the sink that has the most surface area to transfer heat into the air. So look for the one with longer fins or the one with more fins.

hmm well im pretty sure u know what the zalman looks like the ram sinks that i got with my heat spreaders also look like that but a lil smaller and the p2 heatsink has alot of surface area its longer and stuff i think im going to use that but i dunno---its only aluminium and i dont know what the others are made of and the lil heat sink is anodized and i think it loses heat tranfer because of that so whatever i dunno---

Back