• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

slk900/u users, do you find this too?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shuruga2

i had been using the 80mm tornado on my ax-7 so when my slk900u came in i threw it on without thinking about it. not much later, after a few hot days, i started looking at my 92mm 110cfm delta and decided to put it on.

the thing is i found that it performed 3-5deg worse, and when i started looking at it i found that much more air was leaking out the sides than was going through the fins. i found the same for the 80mm, but the performance is still better.

what can i do to get more air through the HS? should i attempt a shroud? but then how do i mount the fan. or just a couple pieces of tape across the back of the fan to stop the air?
let me know what you think.

I would use the caseing from a fan of hte same size (cut out the fan part) and sick em' together. Then tape up the gap on the sides all the way or just partially (maybe test to see wich yeilds better preformace... all the way might push too much air out the fan).

Back