• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

purchasing advice for GA-8knxp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

viper1870

I have currently bought the Gigabit 8knxp board and was wondering what you might recommend for it.
using liquid cooling by the way!!

I would like to use it for gaming like SW Galaxies and Final Fantasy XI and of coarse Doom 3.
I 'm a newbie O/C and would also need to now about driver issues and compatibility with mobo and hardware.

corsiar 3200,3500,3700,4000 which is more practical and not just a waist of money for my mobo?

and when you say your running like 223mhz fsb speeds what does that translate on a 800fsb mobo. if im using a 2.8 P4
what is the formula to use to calculate bus to ram speeds?

thank in advance:rolleyes:

Last edited:
ok, if you are going to OC don't get 3200 i made that mistake... If you are short on cash then you can get the 3200, but then you will have to change your mem ratio to get the cpu and mem at the same speed. on the 8KNXP in the menu you can select the mem ratios like 1.3 and 1.6 or auto. For best results you want a 1:1 ratios, meaning that the fsb on the cpu is the same as the mem speed. You prolly also want to get two sticks of ram so you can run Dual Channel which increases performance.
if you run 233FSB that means that you have a CPU running at 233 X your mulitiplyer (depends on CPU) and your FSB is 233 X 4=932MHZ you can see the system in my sig and i have no driver/hardware compatibility problems.

Back