• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

which panaflo fan?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

coughman

Registered
I just ordered a thermalright SP-94 heatsink and I am pretty decided on a panaflo 92mm fan. Many sites do have the 92mm high output one (model
# FBA09A12H1A) which seems to be quite popular.

On Newegg I also saw a more powerful model # FBA09A12U1A (68.8 CFM, 43.0 dB-A). Does anyone have this fan? The spec seems to be quite powerful. I was wondering if it's noisy? Thanks for your input.

43 dba is not exactly what i call quiet... but it depends on what you want.

I have no idea on how noisy is 43dba. Since the fan is gonna be on the CPU heatsink and inside the case, I'm hoping that the noise will be toned down when the case cover is closed. Just a thought.

are you looking for something quiet or do you not care about noise? if you don't care get the more powerful one. I think i have the "high output" one you are talking about. I can vouche that the thing is nearly silent with inside.

I use a 80mm L1A and get completely adaquate cooling in the fall, winter, and spring. Then use a M1A in the summer. In other words a 92mm U1A is probably overkill with that heatsink, especially if your not cooling an AMD setup. But like said above if noise is not a factor, have at it.

Alright, I have decided to get the H1A (the high output one). Even though the pc is not in my bedroom don't want to get too noisy. Thanks for your response guys!

Btw, stan03, since u and i have the same cpu. I was wondering how far are you able to overclock yours?

Back