• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stability Degradation???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aristotle-IV

Registered
I have a 3000 and an nf7-s

I was testing my fsb so i had timings like 11-4-4-2.5 and my multi at 8.

my vcore was 1.85

and i set the fsb at 220 and was testing with prime, it ran for 12 and a half hours then failed.

that seems pretty wierd, i heard something about stability degreadation at certain voltage settings.

does anyone know if that might apply to my setup?

Was it colder in your computer room in the morning, then throughout the day the sun warmed up the room?

A room temperature change over a period of 12 hours could be enough to destabilize your overclock if its edgy.

I never let my temps crack 50c they were about 46 the whole time.

BTW i have an slk-900 and a tornado with some other tornadoes so when i run prime i just turn them all up and leave the room.

Overcrocked said:
I've had Prime95 give me a rounding error about 22 hours into a stability test. Just turn up the vcore a notch.

-Overcrocked

More vcore is not going to help. He's got a 3000+ running at only 1760MHz, so he's already underclocking quite a bit.
Here's some good info from hitechjb1 he posted when testing out FSB limits on a NF7.
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=187887&perpage=30&pagenumber=11
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2154286#post2154286

Last edited:
Ease up on the memory timings or the fsb and give it another shot, lets not forget prime stresses the cpu and memory subsystem aswell.

I've recently ran into a similiar problem with my NF7-s rev 2 at FSB over 220 Mhz. After touching chips on the board I noticed that the mosfets became blistering hot at the FSB as well as the SB. Try placing a fan directly over the mosfets and SB then see if your prime stable. You should also notice your CPU temps drop a few degrees C as well, I think this is because of there placement close to the socket. Once I did this I could also turn my VDD voltage back down to stock voltage and gained 8 MHZ.

Back