• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Little help please hehe

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pipsquek

Registered
Ok just got my new motherboard and processor in, the mobo is an A7N8X and XP 2400+ cpu. I need to know how to reinstall windows, cuz when it starts to load windows the computer resets. I have the origional XP Home Edition OEM disk that I got awhile back, i put it in the CD rom but it doesnt give me an option to reinstall or install etc... Its not the upgrade disk is the full thing but OEM. Where should I go from here! :)

There's no easy way to reinstall XP and have it maintain the previous settings and recognize previously installed programs. If you could actually get into windows and then run setup it may work, but you say it won't load windows right? Have you tried safe mode?

Yhea i tried all start up options, just gonna do a full reformat just to be on the safe side, sorry to take up space hehe :)

Back