• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

just got a barton..wondering about the stepping..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

THunDA

ok I just recieved my barton and was hoping to get the new stepping with the Z in it but didnt :(.. this is the one I got ..is it a good one ?

AXDA2500DKV4D
AQXEA 0331SPMW

Thx Thunda

Each CPU is different the only way to tell is overclock it!

Most recient xp2500's will hit 200 x 11 @ stock volts........so see how far it will go with the vcore at stock..........then decide how far you want to raise the vcore with your HSF solution.......then start overclocking again until you can not prime 95 stable.......and thats your max OC !

ya I went for 11*200 right away with stock vcore .Which is where I ran my 2400 Tbred with no problems..totally stable.But I was getting errors in prime and a crash to the desktop with 3dmark .So I upped the vcore up to 1.7v..(on a asus its about 1.7-1.73) and still same thing :( So I backed it down to 200*10 with stock Vcore and prime ran for 1 hour with no errors (need moore time to test tho ) and also completed a run of 3dmark without crashing and got 17,440 .. either its gona take alot of voltage to get this thing OC'd ....or it needs to break in...or its not a good one..

well do you have any suggestions ..no offence but just stating you have it doesnt help me in anyway

my Barton stinks.. sorry I had to say it.. Tried 11*200 @ 1.75vcore.. Which actually reads almost 1.8v since Asus overvolts and got errors in prime(temps are ok..was about 42idle and 46-48 load)..it just doesnt wana OC.. Couple more days of it and I install my 2400 tbred B again..and toss the barton in a draw :(

Weeks, sSpecs and steppings are practically useless. This is because not every CPU from every stepping and week is overclocked, so it's impossible to know the best overall. People only know which ones seem to overclock the best. Overclocking is unpredictable because a CPU from a popular stepping/sSpec/week might overclock poorly, and likewise a CPU from an unpopular stepping/sSpec/week might do very well. Less than 5% of CPUs are actually overclocked, so no one can argue that one type overclocks more than another.

Another factor is user error. A certain CPU might be capable of 3.3GHz on air-cooling, but if the user isn't a very knowledgeable overclocker, or one or more of his components are sub-standard, he may only reach 3GHz. This user then decides to go on some forum and write about his "crappy stepping that only reaches 3GHz," when the fact is that the CPU is capable of more. This is why no stepping will guarantee a good overclock, or indicate the speed you will get. Every CPU is different, so the only way to find out how far you can overclock is to try it and see.

As a general rule, the newer the CPU, the more overclocking potential it has.

relax ..geez... I read that somewhere else ,did you copy and paste ;)

OC Detective..btw you where right :D I had to make the plunge to 1.8 vcore to get it overnight prime stable.. Good thing the weather is cool here now :)

you win some you lose some.. thats the fun part about ocing is gettin to play wiht all these diff cpus and pushing them till they wont go any further ;p Better luck next time. Maybe your next cpu will be a jewel

THunDA said:
relax ..geez... I read that somewhere else ,did you copy and paste ;)

He's pasted the EXACT same thing about 7 times now in this one forum and I swear I read it at other forums.

Anyway, don't fret. The Bartons can take more voltage than your average T-Bred B. Push that sucker a bit more. 1.85v is not too much at all on that thing. It's really not a bad overclock at all so far.

Here's a link to a search using the key words in his pasted paragraph.
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/searc...d=505465&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

Last edited:
ya I know..its plenty fast now..:) @ 1.8 I can run prime for 12 hours with no errors..and diode stays 47-49 load ..I have a sensor taped on cpu with tip right next to core :) ..so I dont know if I wana go higher cuz the temp will prolly be to much...

Here's a link to a search using the key words in his pasted paragraph.

LOL.. :)

Back